Spyware Doctor is an award-winning anti-spyware product that can remove spyware, adware, trojans, dialers, keyloggers and hijackers from your computer and protect it from further attacks.
Spyware Doctor's System Scan sweeps your system for malicious software (malware) that is already present. Two preset levels of checking are available, plus a custom level. Spyware Doctor checks include:
- General Scan - detects and removes sophisticated malware;
- Process Scan - checks processes currently running;
- Hosts Scan - checks the system hosts file for hijacks redirecting your browser to bogus sites;
- LSP Scan - checks for malicious Layered System Providers;
- Registry Scan - checks the registry for traces of known malware;
- Cookie Scan - checks for and removes cookies used to track your web surfing activities;
- Browser Scan - checks for changes and hijacks to your web browser settings, including insertion of malicious sites into the Trusted Sites list;
- Disk Scan - checks for the presence of malware-related files.
The Immunizer option protects your computer against the installation of malicious ActiveX components. This is an essential safeguard if you use Internet Explorer as your web browser. Once immunized, your computer remains protected against these threats, even if Spyware Doctor is not running.
OnGuard is Spyware Doctor's real-time protection. It starts when Windows starts and runs in the background, actively defending your computer from various types of threat. Its components include:
- Cookie Guard - detects and removes tracking cookies from several popular browsers;
- Keylogger Guard - detects and blocks the activities of keystroke loggers;
- Process Guard - prevents known malicious processes from running;
- Startup Guard - prevents malicious processes from inserting entries in the Startup areas of the registry.
Spyware Doctor has a Live Update which allows you to download and install updated versions of the malware database, tools and even the program itself. This ensures that Spyware Doctor remains up to date and able to protect your computer from the latest malware.
What is spyware?
Spyware is now the most common form of malware encountered by PC users. Spyware can steal information such as the passwords to banking sites, or your credit card details. It can track your web surfing activities and bombard you with unwanted ads. Spyware can install dialers on your computer that route your Internet calls to premium rate numbers costing hundreds of dollars in phone charges. Spyware can hijack your browser home page and search page, and resist attempts to change them back. Spyware can slow down your computer and make it crash unexpectedly. Spyware is not a problem you can afford to ignore.
Don't buy another anti-spyware until you have read our article: How To Buy Anti-Spyware Software
The price is for a one year renewable license. The software may be used to protect up to three computers.
We recommend Spyware Doctor because it is one of the most easy to use tools to remove spyware from a computer and one of the most effective at keeping it free from infection.