AVS DVD Copy
AVS DVD Copy is an easy to use utility that lets you back up or copy DVDs and CDs, including new generation Blu-Ray discs. It can compress DVD video to enable you to back up a double layer video DVD onto one single layer DVD±R/RW. It also allows you to burn ISO images to disc.
AVS DVD Copy has five different copy and burn options.
- Copy DVD is used to back up or copy DVD movies. The content is remastered and the video recompressed if required to fit the available space on the output media. This allows double layer DVDs to be backed up on less expensive single layer media. You can also choose to back up the DVD without menus, unwanted languages or extras.
- Copy CD, despite the caption, can be used to make an exact copy of a DVD as well as a CD. When this option is used, the output media must be the same type and capacity as the original. Copy CD can ignore errors when reading the source CD or DVD, replacing them with silence. This option may be used to try to recover a playable version of a CD or DVD that has become unplayable.
- Burn DVD lets you burn your own video files to DVD so that they can be played on your DVD player. This option can also be used to create an ISO image for later burning.
- Burn Data lets you create data DVDs, such as backups of your computer files and data. This option can also be used to create an ISO image.
- Burn ISO is used when you want to burn a previously created ISO image to CD or DVD.
The help file provided with the application is excellent. The product also includes a Cover Editor which you can use to create covers for your CDs and DVDs.